When you bought a roll of kimono fabric called “tanmono”,
try to drape the fabric around a dress form to be kimono.
The following is the simplest way I do.
- a roll of kimono fabric : “tanmono”
- a dress form
- an “obi-ita” board (If you have.)
- 2 “koshi-himo” strings
- 6 clips
I recommend “komon” repeating patterns or “iromuji” no patterns.
you can freely place it on without thinking of the patterns’ positions.
Under wear and “haneri”collar
1. Put a “biyoueri” collar (photo) or “juban” undergarment on a dress form.
Now you’re ready to form kimono.
Collars and bodice
2. Make a collar on the right front bodice called “shita-mae“. Fold the edge of the cloth inside about 2 centimeters. Pinch “erikata-aki” on the collar. (1)
3. Take a 5 cm and tuck the edge inside.
4. You made one collar of the “shita-mae“. Hold it temporarily with a clip or string not to come off.
5. Make the collar of left front bodice (same as the right). Secure it with a string.
6. Have a look at the back.
The lower part of the front bodice
7. Straighten the fabric and make the lower part of the front bodice.
8. Take the double length from the “koshi-himo”string to the floor and add about 35 centimeters. (Look at the upper photo.)
9. Set the hem line close to the floor and lift the cloth to the bust line.
10. Secure the cloth with another string along the waist line.
11. Fold the extra part down. It’ll be “ohashori” tuck.
12. Put “obi-ita” board on.
13. Make the right sleeve. Take the double length from the shoulder to the under line of the “ohashori” tuck via the bust top.
14. Pinch the edge of the sleeve and the extra fabric at the back not to come off. (4) (5)
15. You made the right sleeve.
16. Do the same thing to the left sleeve.
17. There are 5 positions pinched with clips. Pinch the sleeve and the extra fabric at the back(3). (4) and (5) are inside.
Obi and accessories
18. Wrap your favorite obi. Clip the obi at the back.
If you have “obiage” cloth and “obijime” cord, put them on.
Okay, it is finished.
This practice will brush up on your kimono coordination.
反物・・・ 見ているだけでワクワクしますね！ お気に入りを手に入れたら、 どんな雰囲気になるのか、柄行きはどんな感じがいいか、 一番簡単な前面のみのピンワークで雰囲気を確かめてみましょう。 用意するもの 用意する[…]