Thanks for your requests.
I’ll show you how to tie “nijutaiko” which has two layers.
This is the most popular obi shape for formal events and parties.
This kimono with shark skin patterns is one of the “edo-komon” patterns.This obi is called “share-fukuro-obi” used for casual scenes.
How to tie “nijutaiko”
- “te-saki“, the folded edge
- “tare-saki“, the wide edge / the tail of “tare-saki“
- “tare-moto“, the root of “tare“
Wrap the obi and tighten
1. Take “te-saki” or the folded edge and put it on the shoulder.
2. Wrap the obi once.
3. Pull the obi on the back down to the lower line.
4.Pull the other obi outward at the same time.
5. Widen the width of the obi if you need.
6. Wrap the obi again and pull it outward.
Make a knot by folding
7. Place the folded edge to the back.
8. Slide it to the right.
9. Put it back to the left a little. Hold it at the lower line and pull the obi outward again.
10. Fold both roots of “te” and “tare” up.
11. Put them up onto the upper line.
12. Hold it there by tying a string.
13. Take “te-saki” the folded edge and put it to the front. If the folded edge is a little bit longer, you can put it to the opposite side.
14. Here! It became shorter.
15. Tuck the folded edge between the obi and the body.
16. Open the root of “tare” on the back.
17. Make a triangle at the wide edge.
18. Place a pad for obi there. Cover the pad with “obiage” or a decorative cloth beforehand.
19. Open the triangle and make a double layer over the pad. Refer to Matching patterns of “nijutaiko”
20. Straighten the obi between the root of “tare” and the double layer.
21. Hold the pad firmly.
22. Place it all onto the back and tie the pad’s string firmly to secure the obi.
23. Tie the string of the pad firmly in front of you. If you feel tight, you push the string forward and put it inside the obi.
24. Tie the obiage temporarily.
25. Take the string off.
26. Make a “otaiko” shape with the string and tie it firmly in front.
27. Take the folded edge and put it inside the otaiko.
28. Hold the obi tightly with an “obijime” cord.
29. Take the string off and make a bow tie with the obiage cloth.
30. Tuck the ends of the cloth inside.
31. Finally make sure your “otaiko” shape.
皆様のリクエストにお応えしました！ 英語で二重太鼓の結び方に画像を加えました。 準備できましたか？ Are you ready? Let's start! 英語で二重太鼓の結び方 How to tie “nijuuda[…]