The first thing is preparation. It is very important because many accessories are needed to put on yukata.
Stack up yukata, obi and accessories in order, and you can put them on smoothly.
Things you prepare
- 3 strings
- datejime belt
- obiita board
- half obi sash (for yukata)
GO to ENGLISH TOP Hi ladies, it's about time to prepare yukata! In Japan, hot days will come soon. Have you ever […]
GO to ENGLISH TOP Kimono needs many accessories because it doesn't have any zippers and buttons. Usually use strings, […]
Stacking up everything
Before stacking up, fold all things so as to take them easily.
Fold yukata into “karidatami”
It’s very easy to fold yukata temporarily.
1. Place the collar on the left. Fold the kimono into half and fold the sleeves under the bodice.
2. Fold the bodice into three parts equally. The solid line shows a mountain fold and the dotted line shows a valley fold.
Stack up all items
Put everything in a shallow box or on a wrapping cloth “furoshiki“.
From the top,
underwear, towels/padding, 1 string, yukata, 2 strings, datejime belt, obiita board, obi sash.
Put a clip aside. Also you can put strings aside.
Stack them up in order.
Be sure to…
- The underwear is on the topmost.
- Belts and strings should be placed to take the center of them easily.
- Place everything on the left in front of you.
Are you ready?
The next step is putting on yukata!
GO to ENGLISH TOP maikichi Hi, yukata lovers! I'm Maikichi, kimono instructor. I'll show you how to put o[…]
浴衣の着付けに用意するもの 下着 補整用タオル 紐３本 浴衣 伊達締め 帯板 半幅帯（浴衣に適したもの） 関連記事：浴衣と半幅帯を選ぶ、着付け小物も忘れずに！ &[…]