Hi, yukata lovers!
I’m Maikichi, kimono instructor. I’ll show you how to put on yukata.
Are you ready? Let’s do it!!
Put yukata on and adjust the back center
1.Put yukata on, and put the arms through the sleeves.
2. Match the short lines on the collar together.
3.Pinch the back seam,and align it with your back center. Open a wide space at the nape. That’s “emon-wo-nuku” in Japanese.
Adjust the hemline
4. Slide the hands along the collar and hold it at the roots of the thighs.
5. Open and bring yukata up.
6. Adjust the hemline around the ankle.
Align the seams of the lower body
7. Align the left seam line with your left side.
8. Bring the left hand to the right hip bone. Make sure that the “okumi” line is between the big toe and the next one. If it isn’t there, align the line. In this case, the left side line can be moved. The “okumi” line is priority.
9. Open half the left body.
10. Bring the right hand to the left hip bone.
11. Twist the hand up to rise the tip of the right front corner.
12. Bring the left hand to the right hip bone and twist the hand up to rise the tip of the left front corner.
13. Holding the collar end firmly, and pull the extra fabric of the right side out.
14. Pull the extra fabric out around the waist.
15. Smooth the back, too.
Tie a string, “koshihimo”
16.Take the center of a string. Pass it to the right hand keeping the collar end not to move.
17. Slide the string around the belly button.
18. Cross it on the back.
19. Holding the roots, pull the ends firmly and horizontally.
20. Pull them again firmly and diagonally.
21. Bring the ends to the front and tie it once.
22. Let go either end between the string and the body.
23. The string will not get loose when your hands off.
24.Make a knot and tuck the ends in. Always tie a knot aside.
25. Remove wrinkles around the string, sliding your fingers.
Good job, ladies!
Okay, take a break.
Let’s go to the next step in Part 2 !
浴衣は着物の中でもとても簡単に着ることができるアイテムです。 「今年こそは自分で浴衣を着て夏のイベントに行きたい！」あなた、必見です！ さあ、準備はできていますか？ できていない方は、浴衣を着る準備、順番に揃えます。へ。 […]