Hi, yukata lovers!
I’m Maikichi, kimono instructor. I’ll show you how to put on yukata.
Are you ready? Let’s do it!!
Put yukata on and align the back center
1. Put yukata on.
2. Put the short lines on the collar together.
3.Pinch the back seam, and align it with your back center. Open a desired space at the nape. That’s “emon-wo-nuku” in Japanese.
Adjust the length of yukata
4. Slide the hands along the collar and hold it at the roots of the thighs.
5. Bring the bottom half up.
6. Lower the hem line to the ankle.
Adjust the width of the front body
7. Bring the left hand to the right hip bone. Make sure that the “okumi” seam line is between the big toe and the next one. If it isn’t there, align the line.
8. Open half the left body.
9. Bring the right hand to the left hip bone.
10. Twist the hand up to raise the tip of the right front corner.
11. Bring the left hand to the right hip bone and twist the hand up to raise the tip of the left front corner.
12. Holding the collar end firmly, and pull the extra fabric of the right side out.
13. Pull the extra fabric out around the waist.
14. Smooth the back, too.
15. Take the center of “koshihimo”. Pass it to the right hand keeping the collar end not to move.
16. Slide the “koshihimo” across the top of hips.
17. Cross it at the back.
18. Holding the roots, pull the ends firmly and horizontally in the hollow of the back.
19. Pull them again firmly and diagonally.
20. Bring the ends to the front and tie it once.
21. Let go either end between the “koshihimo” and the body.
22. The “koshihimo” will not get loose when your hands off.
23. Make a knot and tuck the ends in. Always tie a knot aside.
24. Remove wrinkles around the “koshihimo” by sliding your fingers.
Good job, ladies!
Okay, take a break.
Let’s go to the next step in Part 2 !
GO to ENGLISH TOP Did you tie the "koshihimo"? Are you ready to the next step? Okay, get started! […]
浴衣は着物の中でもとても簡単に着ることができるアイテムです。 「今年こそは自分で浴衣を着て夏のイベントに行きたい！」あなた、必見です！ さあ、準備はできていますか？ できていない方は、浴衣を着る準備、順番に揃えます。へ。 […]