“Hanhaba-obi”, or a half-width obi is very easy to handle. There are so many shapes and ways to tie.
Now, I’ll show you how to tie “weeping cherry. It’s the easiest way to tie obi for yukata and kimono. This time we use a 3.5m half-width obi.
I’m right handed. If you are left handed, all directions of obi are opposite.
Let’s get started!
Take the length from an obi end
1. Take the length from the hand to the front center. When you use a longer obi, take it more.
2. Pull it once to make it straight and fold it into half.
3. From the yellow star, make a triangle on the front of “obiita” board. Have a look at the small one in this photo.
4. Put the half-folded obi on the shoulder, and clip the obi and board together.
Wrap the obi
5. Wrap the obi once. Hold the obi on the board and pull the obi on your side outward, which means tightening the obi not to get loose.
6. Wrap the obi again. Hold the obi on the board and tighten the obi again.
7. Fold the obi from one side of your back, gradually showing the other color.
8. Gradually showing the other color, finally fold it into half at the other side.
9. Take the half-width part off from the shoulder while pulling on the opposite obi.
10. Slide the blue part aside.
11. Hold both parts of the obi firmly while pulling. In this tying, the long one always comes over the short one.
12. Tie a knot.
13. Tie the knot firmly on the upper line of the obi.
14. Rotate the knot not to get loose.
15. Put the upper one on the shoulder, and open its root.
Make a bow tie
16. Pull the blue against the knot and fold it into a half body size.
17. Make a bow tie.
18. Go on.
19. Pull the bow’s wings out.
20. Open the root of both ends and hold them together.
21. Let the ends go through the back of the knot and cover the knot with them.
22. Open the wings and make the shape beautiful.
23. Are you ready to turn the obi?
Turn the obi and finish
24. Hold the knot and the bottom of the “obiita” board. Put your belly inside.
25. Turn the obi clockwise 180 degrees.
26. Finally finished!
27. Look great! Let’s go out!
GO to ENGLISH TOP Hi, yukata lovers! I'm Maikichi, kimono instructor. I'll show you how to put on yukata. Are y[…]
GO to ENGLISH TOP Did you tie the "koshihimo"? Are you ready to the next step? Okay, get started! […]
半幅帯は扱いが楽で、結ぶ方法は多種多様です。”しだれ桜”は浴衣と普段きものにふさわしく、最も簡単でアレンジがいくらでもできる結び方です。 今回は3.5メートル、リバーシブルの浴衣用半幅帯を使います。 まい吉は右利きで自身がやりや[…]